Zenith Chambers invite you to :
PI Wine and Wisdom: Fatal Accident Damages Masterclass
|4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Tuesday, 19th July 2016|
|The Chambers, 30 Park Place, LS1 2SP|
|This seminar is accredited for 2 CPD Hr(s)|
On Tuesday 19th July 2016, Gordon Exall will be giving a ‘Fatal Accidents Damages Masterclass’.
Gordon is the author of the Apil Guide to Fatal Accidents now in its third edition and has written the three most recent editions of Munkman on Damages for Personal Injury and Death. He is instructed on fatal accident cases by solicitors throughout the country.
WHY YOU SHOULD COME
The law relating to damages is a highly specialised area of practice and everyone involved in a fatal case benefits from a detailed knowledge of the relevant law and practice.
In this Masterclass, we look at the central issues relating to fatal accident damages. Topics to be covered include:
- Damages on behalf of the estate.
- Fatal Accident Act damages including the growing importance of non-financial claims.
- Who is a dependant?
- Who can claim bereavement damages?
- The relevant multipliers (and will this change).
- Damages for pain and suffering prior to death.
- Damages for reduced life expectancy.
- Claims for psychiatric injury to others after a death.
The Masterclass is highly practical and will include a number of useful checklists, questionnaires and draft schedules.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This will be of interest to:
- Claimant and defendant solicitors who need a detailed knowledge of the law and practice in this area.
- Insurers and anyone in the insurance industry who deals with fatal cases.
- Care experts who, increasingly, are being asked to report in relation to dependency claims.
Time: 4:30pm-6:30pm (Registration and refreshments from 4:00pm)
Venue: The Chambers (Serviced apartments) 30 Park Place LS1 2SP
If you wish to sign up to this event please sign up online here
If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact Daniela on email@example.com
If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact Daniela
We hope to see you there!