There have been several features on this blog about the problems that insolvency causes to personal injury litigants. Both in terms of the claimant being bankrupt and also the difficulties in pursuing insolvent defendants. These issues are looked at in detail in a webinar on the 29th January 2021 “Insolvency and the Personal Injury Litigator”.
The webinar looks at the position where the claimant is bankrupt, or subject to the insolvency provisions and then looks at the problems of pursuing insolvent defendants.
The session will cover:
- What is the position when the claimant is bankrupt: who “owns” the damages and who can bring the action?
- Avoiding striking out
- Practical steps that can be taken when the claimant is bankrupt
- What is the position when a carer is bankrupt?
- The steps you need to take when proceeding against a bankrupt defendant
- The steps you need to take when proceeding against an insolvent company
- Bypassing the problem – when can you sue an insurer directly?
HOW TO BOOK
Details are available here.